May 08, 2006

Please pray for 'The Da Vinci Code' Pastor's Conference

This coming Monday, May 15 the United Bible Society of Costa Rica has invited me to speak at their national pastor's conference. They have asked me to prepare pastors for the coming challenges of The Da Vinci Code Movie. I just got off the phone with the organizer who told me they expect some 800 pastors. Yikes! I didn't even know there were that many in the country!

Please pray along with me for the following:

1. That I would be able to clearly communicate to these pastors the essence of the message of the Da Vinci Code.

2. That I would be able to clear up any doubts regarding the claims of the book/movie...and that the pastors would end up being confident of the reliability of the NT and the divinity of Christ.

3. That these pastors will be left with adequate resources to be able to articulate in their own words the fallacies of the claims made by Dan Brown.

4. That this movie would spark renewed interest in Christian origins, Jesus Christ, the reliability of Scripture, that Christians here will have adequate answers, and that as a result God will use this movie to draw more people to Himself and His Son.

It brings me great comfort to know you will be behind me in prayer. I will keep you updated.

Blessings,

Kelly

No comments: