What does the future hold for Cuba? I have no idea, and this is not the post where I make any predictions! But I would like to let you know what is in the works for 2008 with relation to Cuba:
1. Seminary Courses: Las Palmas, the seminary in Cuba where I have taught, has just started an Master's program in Biblical Studies. I hope to be teaching one or two classes this year in biblical exegesis (interpreting given books of the Bible in their original languages). I say hopefully, because one never knows when the last visit to Cuba was in fact the last visit. Please pray that the open doors to Cuba remain open.
2. Translating materials: I am currently working on translating an excellent book on leadership into Spanish. The book is called While Shepherds Watch Their Flocks: Reflections on biblical leadership written by Tim Laniak. I can't recommend the book enough for anyone who is in a shepherding position (moms, dads, bosses, pastors, bible study leaders, etc.). The book can only be purchased here.
3. Writing materials for Cuban Leadership: The president of the Cuban denomination that we work with has asked me to write a number of articles for a new magazine they are producing. The magazine is intended to resource pastors and Christian educators. I have already given him a batch of articles and will be working in the coming year on some specific subjects that we discussed while I visited in November. He was particularly interested in the research that I am doing of suffering in 1 Peter. So as I gain clarity in my own research I will begin trying to write up my thoughts for non-academic audiences. I will keep you posted.
Please pray for fruitful thinking, preparing, writing and teaching!
(Above is a photo of Las Palmas Seminary)
1 comment:
Hola, como siempre haciendo muchas cosas en el Reino. Me alegra saber de ti y como Dios esta usandote y cuidando de tu Familia. Bendiciones en todo. Darwin
Post a Comment